Helpful Resources for Garage Doors
At Precision Door, we want to provide you with the information and resources needed to make the most informed decision possible. Here are some links to help owners understand the maintenance and operation of Seattle garage doors.
See how your home will look with a new garage door.
We have answers to your most common problems and concerns.
Understand helpful terms and definitions in the garage door industry.
Every door system needs proper maintenance. Learn more.
Save on the products and services you need most.
Garage door systems can be dangerous. Learn how to protect your family and yourself.
- Disconnecting the Garage Door
- Programming Additional Remotes
- Your Wall Control unit
- Programming a Keypad
- More How To Videos' from Precision Door Service
Download free information, including whitepapers, reports, and PDFs.
Learn about our best-in-the-industry coverage.
Repair or Replace?
As the largest moving part in your home, the safe, secure, and efficient operation of your garage door is essential.
When your garage door opener stops working properly, it can often be repaired without too much problem and repair is typically a less expensive option than replacing your unit. We often recommend repair over replacement for this reason.
There are times when replacement is your best option:
- If your opener is more than 15 years old we recommend replacement to improve the safe operation of your door. Note: Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993 making garage door openers safer.
- If we have safety concerns with a specific Brand or the manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- If there are no photo electric safety eyes present on your system, we will not be able to repair the unit.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts will be unavailable & replacing your opener is usually the only option.
At Precision Garage Door Service of Puget Sound, we take pride in our work and our reputation. That's why we back everything we do with an outstanding warranty.
Give us a call, we’re happy to answer any of your questions.