Precision Garage Door Opener Repair
Serving the Greater Seattle Area Including Olympia
Garage Door Opener Repair Vs. Replacement
Most often your garage door opener can be repaired. We often reccommend repair over replacement being the less expensive option. We maintain a large inventory of garage door opener parts on hand so we can usually fix your issue on our first visit.
Common Problems With Garage Door Openers
- Wall Button Not Working
- Remote Not Working
- Sagging Chain/Belt
- Loud or Noisy
- Intermittence Opporation
- Flashing Lights
- Door Not Moving But Hums
When to Replace Your Garage Door Opener
Garage door openers are changing like most other technologies. New garage door openers may include features to help make your life easier. Some new features my include: battery back-ups, wifi connectivity, increase security and much more! Ask your Precision Door Technician to expertly inform you about the newest garage door openers and accessories available!
Beautiful Garage Door Replacements
Is your garage door looking old and worn down? Are you looking for an easy way to improve the exterior appearance of your home? Precision Garage Door of Seattle has the perfect solution! We are a well-known garage door retailer and installation specialist. We offer a variety of new garage door styles, colors, and materials to choose from. One of our technicians can show you pictures of our past projects and help you determine which style is best for your budget and your needs. Our options are affordable and we are confident they will satisfy your desire to have a beautiful garage door.
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, which made garage door openers safer. If yours was manufactured prior to that date it is unlikely your house would even pass an inspection with it, so we recommend to replace in this situation.
- Safety concerns with a brand- If a manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- No safety eyes - if the safety eyes are not present, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance: therefore we will typically recommend replacement.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts for those openers will be unavailable and replacing is usually the only option
Common Questions About Garage Door Repair
Why is my garage door remote not working?
If the remote is not working, it could need new batteries or the LED sensor lights might not be lined up. A blinking LED light on the wall opener means the lock button was pushed or you need to reprogram your remote. To unlock the door again, push the lock button and hold for about five seconds. Try the remote again.
How do I re-program my remote?
Here are a few simple instructions to re-program your remote if you have one of the three most common brands.
- LiftMaster: Locate the “learn” button on the remote and then push the button like you would use a door bell. Push the remote button (the one you want to program) and you will hear a click. If there is a light, it will flash. Your remote is re-programmed!
- Genie: Located the “learn” button; for this brand, it is usually in the front and behind the light lens cover. Push the button until the red LED light starts blinking. Push the button of the remote you want to program and the light should remain lit. Push the remote button again. Your remote is programmed!
- Marantec: Use the programming connector to connect two remotes. Push the button on the remote that is coded to the garage and hold it down throughout this process. Simultaneously push the button you wish to program until the light stops flashing. The remote is programmed once the light turns a solid red.
My door opens very slowly; can I make it faster?
It depends on the issue. The garage door operation is more complicated than it appears on the surface. Your garage door is a heavy object and this might be one of the reasons that it opens slowly. One of our repair technicians would be happy to take a look at your door to identify ways we can make it faster. It might need some new springs, cables, motor, or another part.
Our garage door opener will not do anything when we push the button. What is wrong?
Your remote might need to be reprogrammed, your motor might need to be replaced, or the LED sensors might need to be adjusted.
My garage door doesn't close all the way. Sometimes it reverses at the bottom, or right after it starts moving. What do I do?
The issue probably has to do with the sensor lights. The sensor is there to detect objects in the way of the door operation. Double check to make sure nothing is obstructing the light beam. Adjust the sensors manually and try to line them up. If neither of these options work, call us!
I lost the remote control for my garage door opener, can it be replaced?
Yes, we sell new garage door remotes and you can also find them at the home improvement store.
Click Here To Learn How Precision Is Keeping Our Customers & Employees Safe.