Frequently Asked Questions about Precision Garage Door Service of Seattle
If you have questions about Seattle garage doors, we are here to help! Feel free to explore these FAQs about common problems with garage doors. Don’t see your questions answered here? Call us any time!
Why is my garage door remote not working?
If the remote is not working, it could need new batteries or the LED sensor lights might not be lined up. A blinking LED light on the wall opener means the lock button was pushed or you need to reprogram your remote. To unlock the door again, push the lock button and hold for about five seconds. Try the remote again.
How do I re-program my remote?
Here are a few simple instructions to re-program your remote if you have one of the three most common brands.
- LiftMaster: Locate the “learn” button on the remote and then push the button like you would use a door bell. Push the remote button (the one you want to program) and you will hear a click. If there is a light, it will flash. Your remote is re-programmed!
- Genie: Located the “learn” button; for this brand, it is usually in the front and behind the light lens cover. Push the button until the red LED light starts blinking. Push the button of the remote you want to program and the light should remain lit. Push the remote button again. Your remote is programmed!
- Marantec: Use the programming connector to connect two remotes. Push the button on the remote that is coded to the garage and hold it down throughout this process. Simultaneously push the button you wish to program until the light stops flashing. The remote is programmed once the light turns a solid red.
Can you help me with my broken garage door after hours or on the weekend?
Yes, we offer 24/7 services because we understand the needs of our customers. Don’t worry about bothering us if you need assistance on a weekend or holiday. We are here to help you! Do you stand behind your work?
Yes, we believe in 100% customer satisfaction. If you are ever unsatisfied with your service, please ask to speak to a manager so we can fix the problem right away.
How "green" is your company?
We care about the environment, and our business practices reflect this ideal. All of our fleet vehicles are fuel-efficient hybrid models. We try to arrange our service calls in the order that they come in, but also in a way that makes sense to reduce our carbon footprint. We recycle garage door parts when possible.
Does my garage door require any maintenance?
Yes. Your garage door is an important, but often overlooked, part of your home. We offer services for noisy garage doors (a common problem in Seattle), as well as a variety of other common issues. Contact our technician team today if you suspect a problem with your garage door operation.
Can you make my garage door so it's not so loud and noisy?
Yes, that's a big part of what we do at Precision Door Service!
My door opens very slowly; can I make it faster?
It depends on the issue. The garage door operation is more complicated than it appears on the surface. Your garage door is a heavy object and this might be one of the reasons that it opens slowly. One of our repair technicians would be happy to take a look at your door to identify ways we can make it faster. It might need some new springs, cables, motor, or another part.
We heard a loud noise in the garage and can't open the garage door now. What could be wrong?
It is probably a broken torsion spring. This is a dangerous issue if you don’t have the training to replace the spring properly. Our company has access to the best products on the market to fix this problem. Call us right away!
Our garage door opener will not do anything when we push the button. What is wrong?
Your remote might need to be reprogrammed, your motor might need to be replaced, or the LED sensors might need to be adjusted.
My garage door doesn't close all the way. Sometimes it reverses at the bottom, or right after it starts moving. What do I do?
The issue probably has to do with the sensor lights. The sensor is there to detect objects in the way of the door operation. Double check to make sure nothing is obstructing the light beam. Adjust the sensors manually and try to line them up. If neither of these options work, call us!
The cable on the garage door appears to be frayed. Should I be concerned?
Yes, this poses a safety hazard for anyone who is near the door or uses the door on a regular basis. Schedule a service right away!
I lost the remote control for my garage door opener, can it be replaced?
Yes, we sell new garage door remotes and you can also find them at the home improvement store.
Repair or Replace?
As the largest moving part in your home, the safe, secure, and efficient operation of your garage door is essential.
When your garage door opener stops working properly, it can often be repaired without too much problem and repair is typically a less expensive option than replacing your unit. We often recommend repair over replacement for this reason.
There are times when replacement is your best option:
- If your opener is more than 15 years old we recommend replacement to improve the safe operation of your door. Note: Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993 making garage door openers safer.
- If we have safety concerns with a specific Brand or the manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- If there are no photo electric safety eyes present on your system, we will not be able to repair the unit.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts will be unavailable & replacing your opener is usually the only option.
At Precision Garage Door Service of Puget Sound, we take pride in our work and our reputation. That's why we back everything we do with an outstanding warranty.
Give us a call, we’re happy to answer any of your questions.